War Through the Generations Reading Challenge Guidelines

War through Generations Reading Challenge will be hosted by Anna and Serena. The first reading challenge is World War II.

Here are a couple of rules:
1. You need to read at least five books from January 1, 2009 to Decmber 31, 2009. Both Anne and Serena encourage the challengers to read more than that though.

2. You do not need to have a blog to sign up.

There is a reading list where you can choose from. The list includes both fiction and nonfiction World War II related books. You can find more information in their site.

So what are you waiting for? Come and join the challenge.

Selected Books

1. Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

2. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

3. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See

4. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky, Translated by Sandra Smith

5. City of Thieves by David Benioff

I love reading about World War II but I am not sure if I will be able to read more. I will leave the list like it is for now.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Update: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet


Anna has kindly let me include Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford to be included in my WWII reading challenge. (Thanks, Anna!) I now have read two out of five books in this challenge. Sweet!


Here's my review for the Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. It can be found in my other blog, A Reading Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment